Hi from Uganda!! Today was my fourth day with the Buiga Sunrise kiddos. Every morning my P3 class is waiting to run and give me giant hugs as soon as I step foot close to the room. I am working on story writing and maps with my class. By the end of these two weeks, I should have two writing samples from my students. One will be a classroom story derived from a wordless picture book, and the other will be a collection of the students’ individual maps of their walks to school.
A normal day for me looks like this:
- 8am – Good Morning Songs
- 8:30am – Quick Qrite
- 9am – Read Alouds and Focuses Discussions
- 9:45am – Literacy Mini-Lesson
- 10:15am – Brain Break with song and games (like Duck-Duck Goose, which has proved to be a favorite!)
- 10:30am – School-Wide Snack Break
- 11am – Quick Write
- 11:30am – Map Lesson and Activities
- 12:30pm – Independent Reading
- 12:45pm – Good-Bye Songs
I love everyday here, and I’m so excited to have his opportunity. I’ve learned so much from these kids, and I can’t wait to see what else this journey has in store!